Wine makes the perfect gift for the holidays, whether your gift list includes a family member, a beloved friend or new boss, wine is sure to be a hit when presented with some flair.
California’s wine regions produce more quality varietal wines than any other state and almost any other country. Consider these gift concepts that will set your bottle apart from the rest.
Gift a Bottle
- Bottles that impress. Match your choice of wine to the person’s personality. An assortment of varietals like Pinot Grigio, Rose, Chardonnay, Sangiovese, Barbera or Nebbiolo for the Italian food lover; or a choice of impressive strong red California varietals like Turiya’s Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Gift baskets that keep on giving. Viansa in Sonoma produces an array of award-winning wines and gourmet foods that are exclusively available through the winery, like the Sonoma Picnic Basket filled with salami, Vella Mezzo Jack Cheese, Olive Oil Crackers, Olive Harvest Nuts and Lemon Drops, along with a cork puller, cheese knife and two steady sticks to hold your wine glass upright in the lawn. Also try the Pasta & Piccolo for an instant Italian meal complete with porcini pasta sauce, imported pasta, and Sangiovese wine.
- Viansa’s pestos, estate olive oils, and vinegar, herbs and seasonings as well as dessert sauces add a flavorful twist to your gift of wine. To leave an even longer-lasting impression on wine and food lovers, Viansa offers exclusive membership to “The Tuscan Club.” The club provides a 25 percent savings to members on wine purchases and a 10 percent savings on food and baskets.
- Accessorize. Consider including small accessories, such as drip stoppers, decorative corks, and wine stoppers or wine charms. For a gift within a gift, wrap your wine in a fine bath linen, tablecloth or vintage material and tie with a large satin ribbon.
- Personalize. Lompoc Wine Factory offers customers the ability to choose a wine with their own custom private wine label.